Bottle opener survey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1k3

Reaction score
Without looking how many bottle openers are you aware are in your house? Can opener, cork screws with bottle openers, key chains all count!

I've can think of: 9

50 cal shell, decapitator, smiley face, crappy standard one, 3 travel ones. Then two wine openers. 9 I suppose. That's if we're not getting inventive.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Church key, handled can opener, 2 brewery branded bar openers, 2 waiter's corkscrews, 2 brewery branded key chain openers, 2 Critter Cutters, and there's probably more I can't think of offhand.

So 10 that I can remember.

sitting at my computer desk and there's 4 within reach.

at least 5 or 6 in the kitchen, 2 or 3 combo corkscrews in the china cabinet in the dining room, 1 on my keychain, 2 in the brew lab

1 attached to a soft-side cooler in my car

I think my favorite bottle opening tool is the one my grandpa gave when I was in the 4th grade. it's a Leinenkugel's bottle/can opener that his dad gave him. key chain style that swivels in the middle. one of our boys are gonna get it.

Two on the fridge, prob 5 in the drawer, one of the key ring, and you can always take the lower receiver of an AR and use the hammer...

Anything with a sturdy edge. Pretty much any tool in the garage. Most of my kitchen utensils. The term 'bottle opener' is subjective. ;)

Innova disc fridge magnet, Gropener, weird old one, Milwaukee Brewers key chain, Cerra de la Silla keychain, Heineken keychain. Can opener. Plus I have two coolers with built-ins. That makes 9, not counting lighters

3 by the beer fridge, a church key attached by a rope to the cooler, about a dozen of those cheap ass punched aluminum miller lite can venting ones from a concert, one attached to the wine corkscrew and one on a waiters wine key, the one built into the can opener and cheap kitchen shears, about half a dozen keychain aluminum ones. And that is just off the top of my head. I know there are at least 6 more I have not listed, or are misplaced, or just have been forgotten about. Then again, pretty much anything can be a bottle opener if you are thirsty enough. I have used a sheet of paper before to great effect.

2 x wine

5 x beer including my favorite:

spin_prod_881023312

Back