Bottle conditioning question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DublinOhioBrewer

Reaction score
I have a stupid question about bottle conditioning. So I bottled two 5 gallon batches of beer a couple weeks ago and they've been in my cool basement for the last couple weeks. I popped open a couple of bombers this past weekend for the Super Bowl (FLY EAGLES FLY!!! WOOHOO!!!) And I was wondering if I can just leave them there even if they're done carbonating and just grab a few at a time to put in the fridge when I want one? Or do I need to refrigerate them all at some point?

I should also point out that, even though this is probably common knowledge, I figured out that a 22-ounce bomber doesn't condition as quickly as a 12 oz bottle does. The bombers are still a little hazy but the 12 ounce bottles are pretty clear. Now of course that'll probably change once I refrigerate them correct? The whole chill Haze and all

I have a stupid question about bottle conditioning. So I bottled two 5 gallon batches of beer a couple weeks ago and they've been in my cool basement for the last couple weeks. I popped open a couple of bombers this past weekend for the Super Bowl (FLY EAGLES FLY!!! WOOHOO!!!) And I was wondering if I can just leave them there even if they're done carbonating and just grab a few at a time to put in the fridge when I want one? Or do I need to refrigerate them all at some point?

If they are fully carbed, you can put them in the fridge as needed. No need to put them all in the fridge. The cool basement makes for a good cellar. For the bombers, put them in a warmer location for a week or so to let them catch up with the 12-ouncers.

I'm not in any kind of hurry really, I'll just drink the 12 ounce bottles first. By the time I get through those the bombers should be conditioned. Thanks for the tip!

Back