Bottle conditioning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aswen001

Reaction score
I bottled my first batch of beer and put it into the fridge right after. What will happen since I didn't let it sit at 65-70 degrees? Should I take it out now and let it sit? it has been 1 day?

Welcome to HBT!

Take them out now and let them warm up and after about 3 weeks they should be carbonated just fine.

Leave them in the fridge and they should be carbonated in a year or so. :D

Yes, take it out and let it sit for a few weeks to carb up. I assume you added priming sugar before bottling.
Welcome to the forum.

Hi...I'm also on my first batch and everything was going perfect with my british pale ale, but after the 5th day of bottleing a fine, ring started to form on the top of my bottles, looks like yeat and with a little shake it breaks up...I am still ok, what to do???

Hi...I'm also on my first batch and everything was going perfect with my british pale ale, but after the 5th day of bottleing a fine, ring started to form on the top of my bottles, looks like yeat and with a little shake it breaks up...I am still ok, what to do???

It is more than likely a bottle krausen. Ale yeast is top growing, and carbonation is a mini fermentation, and sometimes you get to see the mini krausen form and fall. You don't have to shake it, it will fall on it's own.

But most folks jsut stick their bottles in the closet for three weeks, and don't stare incessantly at them. It's sorta like a watched pot, or actually grass growing, there's not really much to see. ;)

A friend of mine is teaching me to brew. He likes to bottle the first one, directly from the secondary, into a clear bottle so he can watch the progress and figures the first one won't be too drinkable anyhow.

thanks, i hoped that that was the case....sorry but I can't help taking a peak once in a while...it's my first time brewing and I can't wait to taste it....

Back