Bookcliff Brew Club in Grand Junction, CO Rocks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFB

Reaction score
I've been brewing for 8 years, never had a LHBS or a homebrew club anywhere near me. I just moved to Grand Junction, went into Lil Ole Winemaker and got a warm welcome from Scott and his lovely wife, who runs a flower shop out of the same location. They both told me I needed to connect with the local brew club and gave me the latest newsletter. I emailed the president and he invited me out to game night at a local spot this past Monday. Really cool people and seems to be a really active but fairly new club. They invite me to a Yeast 101 class tonight. The president is a biologist, maintains a club yeast bank (and through his connections has some VERY rare strains), and teaches members how to start their own banks. Tonight we learned how to make agar plates, how to harvest and streak yeast cultures, and how to harvest from bottles onto a plate! Then we got to pick 4 strains, transfer them to a plate, and bring them home to build up in a yeast starter. So freaking awesome!

Latest posts

Back