Boiler options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmskis

Reaction score
I will be moving and no longer will have a gas stove. Propane is not an option due to restrictions. What are my other options to use as a boiler? I have been researching using a pp pail with some elements in it. Probably not larger than 1500 watts so I can make sure they will run in a 15 amp circuit because I am not sure if the apartment will have 20a. I was thinking of making it but does any one know of options to purchase here in the states? I typically boil about 4.5 gal. Really do not want to hassle with split pot boils etc...

I will be moving and no longer will have a gas stove. Propane is not an option due to restrictions. What are my other options to use as a boiler? I have been researching using a pp pail with some elements in it. Probably not larger than 1500 watts so I can make sure they will run in a 15 amp circuit because I am not sure if the apartment will have 20a. I was thinking of making it but does any one know of options to purchase here in the states? I typically boil about 4.5 gal. Really do not want to hassle with split pot boils etc...

What's wrong with boiling on your electric stove?

Test your electric stove before you put too much time/money into making something. My last 3 apartments have all had electric stoves. The one I am currently in will boil 7 gallons with no lid using 1 burner. The previous apartment I could also do 7 gallons with no lid, but I needed to run 2 burners at a time to get a solid boil. 4.5 gallons might be easy-mode for your new stove.

The BoilCoil comes in 120V and 240V. All you need need to do is drill two holes. I'm really on the fence with going 240 myself (10 gal batches). Something to look into

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back