Body

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
catfish said:
The Happy Mug should be allowed to pass his Senior Member status on to his new user name The Drunk and Surly Mug.:D

That sums it up pretty good - my comment really wasn't appropriate. I had started a new thread to try to keep his comments contained. Sorry for the crude remark.

The happy mug said:
That sums it up pretty good - my comment really wasn't appropriate. I had started a new thread to try to keep his comments contained. Sorry for the crude remark.
You have nothing to aplogize for...there were about 50 other people ready to jump him too.

LupusUmbrus said:
Excellent :D

Glad to hear your holiday went well enough, orfy. Welcome back.

Green mushrooms may be closer then they appear.

What are we talking about again? ;)

GREEN MUSHROOMS........

Now I'm realy :confused:

orfy said:
GREEN MUSHROOMS........

Glad I'm not the only one :)

To further derail the thread, where did you get the pick for your avatar, orfy? Put's a grin on my face every time I see the legoman mugshot. What is he in for? :D

orfy said:
GREEN MUSHROOMS........

LupusUmbrus said:

I believe it was an absolutely brilliant seque involving BeeGee's toad comment and an old thread about psychedelic beer...I guess you would have to of been there. :D

LupusUmbrus said:

To further derail the thread, where did you get the pick for your avatar, orfy? Put's a grin on my face every time I see the legoman mugshot. What is he in for? :D

On another board people wanted to know the status of my facial hair, so the Lego man is a facial hair indicator!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EL P!

Seriously, I have been feeling very bad about how I behaved. I even put in an apology in general chit chat under the thread for this incident. I really was considering changing my screen name out of shame. A few PMs have made me feel a lot better about the incident.

Don't feel bad Mr. Mug, there's good reason his posts were pulled and yours weren't; he was outta line, you weren't.

You guys should PM each other if you want to chit chat. I'm more interested in the topic at hand. Additionally, roasted barley will boost your finishing grav, thus adding body while adding some color without a coffee taste like roasted malt.

That's an odd way to revive an almost 4 year old thread. :p

yeah, it is....

But, I am interested in the original direction of the thread, as well. Currently have a Scottish 90~ kegged that overattenuated down to 1.007 when I was looking for 1.014 or so. It is definitely too dry. Maybe I could boil a bit of water and the Malto dextrine and add it to the keg??

Any thoughts??

Yeah, I was thinking that (Lactose) before I stumbled onto this revived thread.

I wonder which would be best and how much to use per keg?

Anybody have any experience with this technique?

According to Beersmith:

Lactose:Not fully fermentable, so it adds lasting sweetness. Lactose can be added to lend sweetness to Sweet Stouts and Porters.

MaltoDextrine: Malt bases sugar that is less than 5% fermentable. Increases the body and mouth-feel of the beer and adds slight sweetness.

Use For: Adds Body
Amount: 6.00 oz
For Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Add To: Boil
Time: 5.0 min

I am leaning towards the MaltoDextrine at this point, especially with the Beersmith Info. Also recommended, 6 oz per 5 gallons...I might go half that to start.

I have 4 uncarbed kegs aging at this point and just hooked the 5th up to the co2 to begin carbing a day or so ago. I would assume this is probably best to do before carbing.

Back