BM's Centennial Blonde-Doubled the Hops??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Culinarytracker

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I was all set to brew my 3rd and 4th batches of Centennial Blonde. I had just kegged the previous 2 batches. (Carbonated 20oz with the carbonator cap, and it was delightful) So I am all set to repitch the slurry for these ones.

However, I added all my hops in the first batch. So the whole hot schedule has been doubled to .5oz.

I would think someone else has had to have done this before, so How's it gonna taste when it's done?

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying. Did you double the 60min addition to .5oz? Or did you double all the additions to .5oz?

You'll have a Centennial Pale Ale rather than a Centennial Blonde. When I do this recipe, I intentionally up it to PA range with a OG between 1.055-1.060 and an IBU around 40-45. It's quite nice. Nice citrusy hop notes without being overly bitter.
Rereading your original post- Did you put all the hops in batch #1 and none in batch#2? If so#2 will be the weird tasting one. But perhaps when they have finished fermenting you can combine the two.

I brewed the extract version of Centennial Blonde with doubled additions (each 0.5 oz for 2 oz total). It was great!

I'm sure it'll be good, I decided to push the last additions to FWH for kicks and it turned out really nice. Could have used the FWH additions as well as the late additions but still good.

Thanks for the answers, sounds like Its been done plenty before.

To answer the questions, I increased all the hop additions to .5oz,
and I'm not going to make the second batch until I get more hops.

Thanks again, I'll try to report back when it is on tap.

I did the same thing, but mine turned out very bitter with very little citrus. Still very drinkable.

Back