Blueberry wine Step by Step from dirt to glass.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arpolis

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am embarking on a long term project for the fun of it. I am doing a large 6 foot by 30 foot garden this year and will be planting many things but the most anticipated will be my blue berry bushes. I have "two year plants" of pink lemonade blue berries, Hardy blue blueberries and chandler blueberry all to be planted in the coming month. I will use 5 of the plants all having their own 6'X4' area to grow in.

I just want to post pics of raising the blueberry bushes and showing what it takes to start fresh and eventually pick your own berries and get quality home grown wine from scratch.

Blueberries can fruit in the first year if the roots are mature but depending on growth it may be wiser to pinch off the flowers so the bushes focus on growing rather than producing berries in the first year. So this may be a very long thread before I have my first wine glass ready. I will keep picks rolling as I get them. I hope everyone enjoys and gives any advice or feedback as I go. First step is now to prepare my garden bed which will happen over the next month. Here are some picks of the blueberry bushes so far. First the pink lemonade then the blue variety.

image.jpg

Back