Blueberry wheat recipe critique please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawn_kiebawls

Lawncare and Landscaping enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently have in mind a Blueberry Wheat IPA in celebration of getting our first dog with the wife. She (the dog, not the Mrs.) is a Blue French Bulldog named Stitch. Since I know wheats are out of season I'll at least explain myself real quick. Session beer, because she's tiny and a lightweight. Blueberry, because she's blue. IPA, because she hops everywhere....nonstop.

Anyway, here is what I have in mind. I have never done a wheat so I am open to any and all critiques. Thanks in advance!

(**this recipe is loosely based off of this one >> https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/...est-of-show-2011-hbt-bjcp-competition.238940/ << I am in no way trying to take credit for it**)

Fermentables:
5# - 2row
4# - Wheat malt
.75# - honey malt
.5# - munich malt
7# - blueberries

Yeast:
Thinking about a Kolsch, open to suggestions

Water:
100% distilled, 1tsp CaCl and .5tsp gypsum per 5 gallons of mash and sparge water

Process:
Single infusion mash for 60 minutes at 153F, batch sparge

Hops:
.5oz - magnum (FWH)
2oz - Calypso (0min)
2oz - Mosaic (0min)
2oz - Calypso (dry hop for 3 days once complete)

Thanks in advance for any help, opinions and help thrown my way! Attached is a picture of my new brew buddy for entertainment purposes. Feel free to help me name this brew as well! SWMBO has already shot down Blue-Bulls so I'm back to square one for now. Thanks again, cheers!
imagejpeg_0(1).jpg

Latest posts

Back