Bluberries wont sink.What to do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobby

Reaction score
Hi guys! Good time of the day to all.
I started that Blueberry Christmas Ale.,added blueberry pure in heavy syrup to the secondary,now it's already seventh day but blueberry pure still on the top of the wort and won't sink.Is it normal? Or I have to skimmed them from the top and rack to the bottling bucket or siphon from the bottom ?
Or maybe wait longer? What do u recommend?
Thank you.

You can always bag them and toss in a few sterilized marbles. This will help them stay under

You can always bag them and toss in a few sterilized marbles. This will help them stay under

It's a puree and already in the bucket, so i think he's past that point. Just let it ride.

I think you'll run into some sanitation issue if you try to move it to the bottling bucket. Should be able to rack out from under it though. Use a fine mesh bag over the end of your racking cane to help keep things out.

Yeah I'd suggest letting it ride too.
When you go to rack it to keg or bottling bucket just put a sanitized strainer bag over the suction end of the racking cane.

Back