Blow off tube help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EzMak24

Reaction score
I started using a blow off tube on my carboy for the first time. The carboy bubbled over and now there is beer in the bucket of sanitized water and residue leftover in the tube. Should I take it apart and clean and replace the water or will it be fine for a few more weeks.

Should be just fine as long as it stays a closed system. makes it a bit harder to clean once it dries in your blow off tube though

Speaking of this, has anyone found a brush that is long enough to clean out a blow off tube? all my tubes have residue in them and it would be sweet to soak them in some water and just run a brush through them. My tubes are roughly 36" long and I haven't found anything yet. Thinking of taking a carboy brush and straightening it out. Any thoughts?
tom

I personally just discard my blow-off tubes, I have a whole roll of 5/16" tubing that I got for free! But if I had the need to clean, I'd just run a cleaning patch or paper towel through with a few punch-rods on there. That should do the trick!

Last time when I put on the airlock, I let the tube sit too long in the sink to clean it properly. All I did was fill it with water and oxyclean and was able to balance it in my utility tub so it stayed full of water for a few days. It cleaned up real easy after that.

Latest posts

Back