blow off tube clogging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokerpat

Reaction score
I have a chocolate milk stout that has been fermenting for 1 day now.I'm using a 6.5 gallon bucket a gutted airlock and 1/2" hose coming out. Came back to check and no bubble. The hose was starting to clog. Does anyone have any suggestions for preventing it from clogging?

pokerpat said:
I have a chocolate milk stout that has been fermenting for 1 day now.I'm using a 6.5 gallon bucket a gutted airlock and 1/2" hose coming out. Came back to check and no bubble. The hose was starting to clog. Does anyone have any suggestions for preventing it from clogging?

Fermcap-S foam control. Add to your fermenter after transferring from the kettle. Eliminates the need for a blowoff all together for most beers, and will prevent excessive blowoff for beers that are more susceptible to it.

Ha, thanks! I forgot I bought some 5 star defoamer, used it for boil over, didn't really work and forgot about it. Maybe it'll work for this.

Back