Blondeish coconut ale. Opinions wanted please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surgical_ass

Reaction score
Thinking of brewing a coconut blonde w a touch of pale chocolate malt. Looking to use about 3% pale choc malt along w 5% crystal malt 20L. Will toast 1lb coconut and add at FO. Another 10oz in secondary. Fire away! Thanks

It seems a little too dark for a blonde, but the flavor will be nice. Which hops are you using? If you're using packaged coconut make sure it doesn't have any preservatives added or they can effect or kill the yeast.

It seems a little too dark for a blonde, but the flavor will be nice. Which hops are you using? If you're using packaged coconut make sure it doesn't have any preservatives added or they can effect or kill the yeast.
Using Willamette at 60 and 10 min. Yea I agree it is too dark to be a blonde. Good tip on the coconut. I'll double check to make sure there aren't any preservatives in them.

I would suggest trying golden naked oats at about 10% instead of the chocolate and crystal. The oats would add a bit of body to help support the coconut flavor.

Back