Blonde Fatale Brewery Email. Help me clone!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smAllGrain

Reaction score
"While I don't have permission to share our exact recipe, I can tell you a few of the ingredients we use in the process:

Malt base is primarily 2-row with some Munich
Hops are Styrian Goldings & Celeia
We use a Belgian yeast and add candy sugar to the boil to up the gravity and thin the body.

Hope that helps!"

This is the info I received from the Brewery. If you have had Blonde Fatale lets take a crack at cloning it.

Additional Info

ABV - 8.5%

IBU 15

Simplicity Belgian Candi Syrup? only 1SRM

Cheers

I have never had that brew but I looked it up. Sounds like a pretty simple Belgian Golden strong.

I would start with 75% 2-row, 5% Munich, 20% sugar. You can use the Simplicity like you mentioned or just go with plain table sugar.

The 15 IBU you have listed seems very low for the style. Is the beer pretty sweet? If not I would hop to a BU:GU ratio of about .345. 2/3 at 60 and the other 1/3 at 30 or even 20 if you want a little more hop flavor. Without having tasted the brew I can't help with which hop you want to use for the 30 or 20 addition. That is the addition that will add some flavor. Maybe a combo of the two.

Again having not tasted it the yeast is another variable, since Belgian yeasts are all so different. I like WY1388 or WY3787. There are others that are good.WY 1214 is much more fruity. WY3522 is more subdued and a little cleaner.

Since it is an 8.5% brew, make sure to pitch a big enough starter. Aerate with oxygen if you have it, if not aerate very well. Pitch in the mid 60's and hold the temp ther for a couple of days, then slowly ramp it up into to low to mid 70's. Give it plenty of time to finish.

Hope this helps some.

I have never had that brew but I looked it up. Sounds like a pretty simple Belgian Golden strong.

I would start with 75% 2-row, 5% Munich, 20% sugar. You can use the Simplicity like you mentioned or just go with plain table sugar.

The 15 IBU you have listed seems very low for the style. Is the beer pretty sweet? If not I would hop to a BU:GU ratio of about .345. 2/3 at 60 and the other 1/3 at 30 or even 20 if you want a little more hop flavor. Without having tasted the brew I can't help with which hop you want to use for the 30 or 20 addition. That is the addition that will add some flavor. Maybe a combo of the two.

Again having not tasted it the yeast is another variable, since Belgian yeasts are all so different. I like WY1388 or WY3787. There are others that are good.WY 1214 is much more fruity. WY3522 is more subdued and a little cleaner.

Since it is an 8.5% brew, make sure to pitch a big enough starter. Aerate with oxygen if you have it, if not aerate very well. Pitch in the mid 60's and hold the temp ther for a couple of days, then slowly ramp it up into to low to mid 70's. Give it plenty of time to finish.

Hope this helps some.

12# 2Row (81.4%)
¾# Munich (5.1%)
2# Belgian Candi Sugar @ 10min (13.6%)

Here is what I have so far..... 3#'s of Candi sugar sounds like a lot so I changed the ratio's a little bit. Waiting for my Styrian Golding to arrive so I can figure out my hop additions (not sure what the AA's are yet)

Ok got my hops. Styrian Golding (Celeia) 6.5AA

.75oz @ 60
.25 @ 20

This gives me about 21 IBU's..... Thoughts?

Back