Blog about Old Beers Brewing ; Home Brew Recipies etc !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edd The Brew

Reaction score
How Do All ,
I`m Edd The Brew , a UK Brewer & Brewing Historian who blogs about old beers and brewing etc over at Make Mine a Magee`s @ : oldbeersandbrewing.blogspot.com .
I`d love to feature some pre prohibition U S Beer recipies on the blog and , as I`m unable to travel to the US at the moment , would any members be able to send me any photo`s of ;
Pre 1919 U S or North American Brewing Records ? , I`m familiar with archives proceedures and I`d not publish photo`s of recoreds without permission , and I`d also be gratefull for any period ephemera photo`s , Labels etc .
I Really hope that some members will be able to help me , and look forward to hearing from you all ; Please feel free to contact me through here or , through the blog .

Cheers All ,
Edd :)

After following the blog for some time I think it certainly slides in neatly beside Ron Pattinson's, Shut Up About Barclay Perkins. Where his is focused mainly on the major breweries you have info on the smaller, provincial brewers. My one suggestion would be to include a version of the recipes that modern homebrewers can follow. While it is most interesting to read the historic processes as they would have been performed in the 1800's, very few homebrewers use the complex or multi step procedures of mashing, boiling and hop additions as described. Just like the Homebrewers Association's magazine will include both an all grain and an extract version of their featured recipes perhaps you could include a homebrewers interpretation along side the historic version.

Back