Blichmann Top Tier Brewing Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSmug

Reaction score
Anyone brewers out there have this? How tall is it? Do you typically use it for 5 or 10 gallon batches?

Mind sharing your setup and showing off your bling :cross:

They are adjustable height.
I think they look meh... and I'm not opinionated in the least.

A couple guys in my club use them, for both 5 and 10 gallon batches. The one I've actually seen in action was set in a three tier configuration, about 7 or 8 feet high to the top of the HLT - definitely high enough to rate the use of a small step ladder.

Anyone brewers out there have this? How tall is it? Do you typically use it for 5 or 10 gallon batches?

Mind sharing your setup and showing off your bling :cross:

I just ordered one today, but I can tell you that the specs say that the maximum burner surface height is 72", and the minimum is 19". You can place your shelves/burners anywhere within those limits that you like.

Forgot to show off the bling...

BusseStand.png

BusseValves.png

I have had a Top Tier since 2010 and have probably done close to 50 10-20 gallon batches. I find it quite flexible and have made a number of small mods to it to make it easier to use. You can see my setup here less some of my latest modifications: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/blichmann-top-tier-stand-mods-227374/#post2674788

Not seen in the pics - 2 faucet water manifold - carbon block water filtration - permanent CFC installation

manifold and filtration AND pump mount

how about all plumbing, plate chiller, digital control, pump, dump mechanisim and 4 wheels

wheelbarrows are for spent grain

Dump-225x300.png

tell me to stop if I'm being annoying

Annoying?? Hell noooooooo!! I like seeing what you have!! LMAO at the wheel barrel comment! I think that is in the same lines as the BIAG people....bags are for ...... well you know other stuff.... no brewing beer.....

Opps here comes the flame!

John Blichmann builds quality stuff. I'm not about to bash his equipment. But I'm proud of we produce and don't mind tooting our horn.

Another big name has a single tier stainless steel no less with only 2 wheels. I'm sorry, that's just too much weight to move around. With 4" casters, our stands glide like gurneys.
Just think... after brewing, if your buddy is passed out from too many hop additions you can lay him down on the stand and wheel him around.

I have one and like it a lot. I'm about to reconfigure it for single tier with MT/HLT automation.

I have had a Top Tier since 2010 and have probably done close to 50 10-20 gallon batches. I find it quite flexible and have made a number of small mods to it to make it easier to use. You can see my setup here less some of my latest modifications: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/blichmann-top-tier-stand-mods-227374/#post2674788

Not seen in the pics - 2 faucet water manifold - carbon block water filtration - permanent CFC installation

You should post up your latest mods for us to see.

Back