• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Blichmann Therminator Wort Chiller for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJOCONNELL

Reaction score
Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

Looking to sell my used Blichmann Therminator (40 plate chiller with bracket). I have used it approximately 15 times and my cleaning regimen was as follows and I never had clog issues.

After use run a hot (185f) PBW re-circ. for 20 minutes and then reverse. Flush with hot water (185 f) for 20 minutes in each direction. Flush with Star san in both directions for 10 minutes.

Place in oven for 4 hrs @ 400 f. Then flush with PBW again in both directions, then hot water again, then star san. Then put back in oven to dry everything out.

The item worked well for me but the I switched to a counterflow chiller setup for ease of cleanup and I actually ended up getting two counterflow chillers and running then in tandem so I can cool down big batches very quickly. The Therminator cooled very well but @ 15 gallons it seemed to be a little slower. Plus I have been using the CFC with much quicker clean up and no need to put in the oven.

Anyway I paid $220 for this after tax. Asking $160 would prefer local pickup but if you want to cover shipping cost then I will ship. Open to reasonable offers.

Attachments

• Therminator.jpg
    Therminator.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 141
Open to reasonable offers. Should be able to ship in medium size flat rate box. Dropping price to $120. Lets get this out of my brewing bins guys!

Dropping price to $100 plus shipping first person to hit my inbox gets it should be quick to move at $100!!!

Someone make me an offer....this is nuts surprised nobody is blowing me up for a Blichmann Therminator for a good price!

Back