Blichmann Fermenator Owners - Are You Happy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my 14.5 gallon Blichmann. I have the standard model with the NPT fittings. It's very well made and super easy to clean. While the triclamp version has a much higher "bling" factor, it's not worth the extra bucks to me.

I sometimes wish I had two of them.

Sanke fermentors around the world just cried out in unison. :(

Awww, c'mon. Not that bad:

IMG_02583.jpg

Quick question about capacity. We're thinking about a 14.5G but we routinely brew about 13 - 14G per brew day - 15G pots. Just how much beer can you ferment in one of the 14.5G models? The 27G model wont fit in the brewery and from what I've heard when it's full it weighs more than kirstie alley's arm fat! (not sure whee that came from; it sounded good @ the time.) :0)

How do you all clean the conical after fermentation?

take the top off roll it out side and hit with a garden hose cleans up easy. I like mine i did not opt fore the TC fittings stll cheaper than to the More beer conical of simular size.

Quick question about capacity. We're thinking about a 14.5G but we routinely brew about 13 - 14G per brew day - 15G pots. Just how much beer can you ferment in one of the 14.5G models? The 27G model wont fit in the brewery and from what I've heard when it's full it weighs more than kirstie alley's arm fat! (not sure whee that came from; it sounded good @ the time.) :0)

I think the Blichamann is about 12 gallons with out the top. you could do more but you better have a good seal our you will have some leakage. I would think you would be pushing it with 13 gallons in a 14.5 version. i have never had any issuse doing 12 gallons in mine.

I do use a pump to fill it because once it it is full it is heavy and arkward to lift it in to my soda display fridge I use to ferment in.

I own a 14.5g Blichmann and absolutely love it. Disassembly and cleanup is a snap.

Only drawback is that I still must use carboys when I Lager, as it won't fit into my glass-front fridge with the leg extensions.

Back