Blichmann BrewCommander in stock OR BrewCommander-esque OOTB controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBKidJr

Reaction score
Hey folks. I'm about to jump into E-BIAB and I'm looking for a controller. I was going to build my own, but after finding the BrewCommander, I fell in love with the touch screen and relative ease of use versus the EZBoil's dial. Does anyone know of where I could pick one of these up "relatively" quickly? My wife wants to get it for me for Christmas and Blichmann tells me they won't have any in stock this year and all the brew stores online just dropship from them. If that's not happening, does anyone know of any similar designs I could check out? Thanks!

I have a BrewCommander and like it. I consider an EZBoil based controller a valid alternative. The tie breaker for me was the BrewCommander, you cannot fiddle with it. As a chronic, compulsive fiddler and tweaker, I went with the device that only thing I can do with it is use it.

The BrewCommander touch screen is cool and has a nice wow factor. During a brew day, I do not use all teh whiz bang features. During my brew day, the EZBoil knob is better design over the BC touch screen.

You may have different motivations for what to choose.

Sounds like you are already brewing, using some soon to be obsolete rig. :p I suggest you hang on t what you got and use that until you can get the equipment you really want. Do you want to be using your second choice for the next 5-10 years because you could not wait a couple months?

I use a DIY EZBoil based controller for my BIAB rig. I've been using EZBoils for years and like them so it was an easy choice.

Brewhardware.com has the Auber Cube 3E BH Custom. EZ Boil based so no cool touch screen. Had I known Brewhardware had these I likely would have went that route instead of rolling my own.

It appears people who have the Blichmann like it so you likely won't be disappointed if you wait for one.

:mug:

Back