Blichmann Auto Sparge w/SS float owners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ineverlearn

Reaction score
Or anyone who has seen the newer version of this device: How does the new stainless steel ball float attach to the (silicone?) hose?

I am looking for ideas to attach the float to the end of a 1/2" silicone hose for a hybrid sparge setup. I know some folks don't use a float for this, but I want to try it. The only small SS floats that I have come across have a .59" center hole, and that is too small for my 1/2" ID silicone hose.

I tried finding a smaller diameter hose into the float hole, thinking that if I could find the right size for a snug fit, I'd cut it so that an inch or so stuck out, then slip the silicone hose over that.

Couldn't find the right size hose, so tried to find a snug-fitting double-ended hose barb. That hasn't happened yet either.

I've seen pictures of the new Auto Sparge setup with the SS float, but none with enough detail to see how Blichmann does it.

TIA

The pull-through design makes sense - simple is good. Thanks also for sharing that the float was plastic, I thought I'd heard/read that it was stainless.

Cheers!

Mine has the metal ball (one of the older brass models) and it is slightly magnetic. I don't think its plastic at all.

Back