Black IPA/ Cascadian Dark

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"]one of the first to brew the beer style, in Vermont?[/URL]

India Black Ale ;)[/QUOTE]

Hey I had to comment on this link. It claims That VPB was the first craft brewery in VT,circa 1988. This is crap. Catamount Brewery was in full effect in at least 1986. Steve Mason started it, he played soccer with us and brought homebrew to games before it was cool. He eventually sponsered our team The Catamount Brewers when I was still in high school. I graduated in 1988.

They eventually sold out to Harpoon

868f1c4d.jpg

If you can get your hands on a Mountain Standard from Odell Brewing Co., grab it. It is an extremely well made beer, as is just about everything from those guys. Part of their Woodcut series. Not in stores any more that I know of, but we have a couple of really good tap/bottle establishments in Denver that still have some bottles in their lineup.

Just left Capital Ale House in Midlothian VA and tried a 21st Amendment Back in Back IPA, but didn't notice much in the way of hoppiness. Sublimely Self Righteous is very good, had it at our local Whole Foods which has 8 taps of really awesome brews that change weekly, even had Dogfish Namaste on tap a couple weeks ago(not BIPA I know, but still good). Also enjoyed RJ Rockers Black Perle and Loose Cannons Black IPA.:tank:

Back