bits of ? sediment made it into secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradfordmon

Reaction score
my 3-yr old distracted me while racking from primary and a bit of the yeast sediment went into secondary...
am I ok?
hoping that it will settle and I can be more careful about the sediment while bottling...
but a little bit of tiny grain (guessing it's grain or yeasties or whatnot)can be seen floating at the top and stuck on the inside glass at the neck of the carboy

my 3-yr old distracted me while racking from primary and a bit of the yeast sediment went into secondary...
am I ok?
hoping that it will settle and I can be more careful about the sediment while bottling...
but a little bit of tiny grain (guessing it's grain or yeasties or whatnot)can be seen floating at the top and stuck on the inside glass at the neck of the carboy

I can't see something like that making any difference in the quality of the beer. You're fine.

Yeah, I just saw this, but was going to say that when you get ready to siphon off of the secondary, there will be over half an inch of sludge (mostly spent yeast) at the bottom. We all worry too much!

Back