Birthdays and bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxford brewer

Reaction score
Saturday 8th April was my birthday,all i wanted was to share it with friends and family(and bottle up 5gallon of Sherwoods Best Traditional Bitter:tank: )I had already cleaned and sterelized 48 grolsch fliptops,when my assistants turned to to help.3 amigos..together...bottling good beer and celebrating my birth some 30odd years ago with a fresh keg of Almondbury Old(with a leaking tap:mad: ).As instructed they passed me empty bottles and i filled them and passed them back,things were good,a few more beers passed and soon 47 bottles were full.My "friends" had made a good job of taking the bottles from my hand and placing them back in the crate(leave the lids on loose and then snap the lids in place i said).Just checked the crates today 11th April and have discovered 6...yes 6 bottles not sealed down properly:( .
Who is to blame for this wasted percentage of my hard earned brew?They both had instructions to cap the beer..........Can i legally shoot either of them?????????????.
I have kept the bottles in question and closed them,i will serve them to the offending people in due course......they better not fail me gain:D

Now this is a drunken rambling....six bottles of Youngs Special London Ale(bottle conditioned!!!!!!!!!)

Get those bottles real nice and skunky before you serve them to these perp's.

Back