biotransformation and cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elburrogrande

Reaction score
Has anyone played around with this? I don't make much cider but decided to give it a go taking some lessons from NE style IPA. I dry hopped at the peak of fermentation with galaxy hops while again after fermentation had stopped with Lemon Drop hops. For Yeast I used some dregs that thad wyeast 3711. I also carbonated naturally using pineapple juice concentrate rather than sugar. The result was something quite amazing. It was not like other hopped ciders I had tried. Completely opaque with tropical flavors all over the place. A true hybrid beer. I am about to make a 3 gallon batch and play around with this more just wondering if anyone had tried to. OG for the first batch was 1.054 with nothing but nutrients added. FG was 1.000.

Just made a 3 gallon batch. very smooth, everyone has been loving it so far. For this one I used 3 gallons of cider, yeast nutrient, 3711 yeast. I added .2 oz galaxy and .4oz lemon drop at 3 days in to fermentation, left them for 7 days. REmoved them and added .4oz galaxy and .2oz lemon drop for 3 days. I did not kill the yeast. I added 1 can of pineapple concentrate into keg and kegged as usual. Here is a pic, it has a really nice color to it. I would say it looks more yellow in person

20161223_104058.jpg

Back