Big Ups to AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muss

Reaction score
Hi All

WOW, my fourth AG not only tastes good, but really great! I'm absolutely amazed at the difference in flavour between extract and AG. :D

My first AG attempt was Edworts Haus Pale Ale, I don't know how I messed it up but it's overwhelmingly strong in the flavour department, It might be better if I pour half a glass and top it up with soda water.

My second attempt was a brown belgian ale, I added too much home made candi sugar (which I probably cooked for too long) and it's way too tart.

My thrid AG attempt was a Duvel clone, it's only been in bottles for a week and it tastes like it has potential... time will tell.

However my fourth attempt I'm bottling now and it already tastes like beer is supposed to. I made too much to fit in to secondary so I put the rest in a used 3 Litre juice bottle and added some leftover tettenanger hops. I don't even think tettenanger is a finishing hop but I only had a few grams left so though why not, I'll get only 6 bottles out of this leftover so I'll add the hops and call it a special edition. Those have been in bottles for 2 weeks now and of course I had to taste one while I bottled the rest of the batch.

I know I'm blowing my own trumpet by talking all about me and myself, but I'm just so stoked that I made yum beer!!!

It takes a bit of work to get your procedures down and get dialed in on your equipment, but once you do it certainly is worth it. I can't imagine brewing any other way.

Congratulations on your success! You picked a couple of challenging beers for those middle batches, and it sounds like you may have just concentrated that first one too much. I'm glad to hear you stuck with it, though. Patience pays off in this hobby, big time!

TL

Back