Big Mouth Bubbler - I'm Impressed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMSetzler

Reaction score

I did a little shopping last week online to replace some of my older stuff and wasn't aware of these Big Mouth Bubblers. I have been fermenting in plastic buckets, glass carboys, and a few Better Bottles for the last several years. This thing looked pretty nice online and I was even more impressed with it when it arrived. It's gonna be a lot easier to clean!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/big-mouth-bubblers-dangerously-thin-486222/

Hopefully you got the plastic one. The glass ones are garbage.
Course, buckets are simpler to clean just you cant see through them which may or may not be appealing to you.

I did get the plastic. I only use glass these days for hard ciders that are going to ferment for several months in the same fermenter. I did not buy the carrying harness. I may pick one of those up later if I think it's necessary...

I got two of these on a BOGO, and love 'em! As far as cleaning, so far all I do is give them a couple of hours or so soaking with oxyclean and I've yet to have to even touch the inside of mine. Most of the crud comes off when I do my pre-soak rinse. I DO recommend the harness though. I wish I'd gotten two of them so I could have both of mine full and easy to handle. The harness is top notch, and makes handling a breeze. Works much better than a brew hauler on a carboy.

I got two of these on a BOGO, and love 'em! As far as cleaning, so far all I do is give them a couple of hours or so soaking with oxyclean and I've yet to have to even touch the inside of mine. Most of the crud comes off when I do my pre-soak rinse. I DO recommend the harness though. I wish I'd gotten two of them so I could have both of mine full and easy to handle. The harness is top notch, and makes handling a breeze. Works much better than a brew hauler on a carboy.

Excellent. I just added one to my list along with a 5 gallon version and the harness for it also...

where did you get a BOGO? Northern brewer? I need a couple more of these!! Would love to replace all my carboys with them, they ROCK!

I did get the plastic. I only use glass these days for hard ciders that are going to ferment for several months in the same fermenter. I did not buy the carrying harness. I may pick one of those up later if I think it's necessary...

Not to be a buzz killington, but I have a friend who recently had his plastic BMB split open while cleaning it. Just a word of caution is all; that would suck if it was full of beer....

The glass version of the Big Mouth: You WILL break it at one time or another. It will break. The glass is incredibly thin, I shoulda taken a pic of the thickness, er, thinness while cleaning the 42,000 pieces of mine up off the floor. It was resting on it's side on the side of the plastic utility sink while I poured out the two gallons of Star San solution. You will break the glass one, eventually...

Back