BIAB or Partial Mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some think it does. I haven't anything to check it with yet myself. but I maintain good mash water to grain volumes just in case. the water around here has been really good. So not too much of a problem.

Off topic a bit but I'm intrigued by your description of BeerSmith2. I recently got BeerAlchemy and am a bit disappointed. Is BS2 for Mac? Does it estimate mash pH based on water profile/salt additions and grain bill? BA does not, and there's NO manual, on line or otherwise. BS2 have at least a PDF instruction sheet? Does it sync between a phone and Mac?
Is it a portable shower or a monkey cage???
(Jaws again...)

I believe if you add the water and/or salts you're using, it will make the adjustments. As to the accuracy, I can't say, I haven't played a ton with that part of the program. It will let you export recipe files, print a brew day sheet, share files, etc. As of now, there is not an app for BS2, but I hear they're making one. And it's definitely a monkey cage. :D

You're welcome. They call it BS lite,so I imagine it isn't as fully functioned as the comp version. but it's being compatible with the comp version would be a bonus.

Back