BIAB Bags

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SailorJerry

Reaction score
Need one for a 10 gallon pot, I know everyone recommends buying them from the guy that sells them on here, but I can't find him or his information. Help? :)

+1 for Wilserbrewer. I have only 1, but it has worked amazing and fits my pot perfectly for mixing in grains. Hoisting is easy with a pulley and it drains really well. Get some silicone heat proof gloves for squeezing, even though it is not essential.

I'll second wilserbrewer. I've been using one for my 10 gallon kettle for a few months now and it's holding up fine. I just bought the kit with the 1/4" ratchet pulley as well for the 20 gallon kettle I'll be getting eventually. Solid product, fast shipping, and great service.

I have one in the mail to me now. The other did not wear out .. after well over 75 brews .. it's just f#*king hiding on me. I can' t find it anywhere! As soon as the new one arrives, I'll find the other ;-)

When I placed the order, it shipped the next day.

Another vote for wilserbrewer. Got over 30 brews with mine, looks as good as new, just a little darker.

For those using the Wilserbag, what are you using to tie and secure the top of the bag when hoisting up with a pulley system?

I have the Brew Bag which has sewn in loops, and I see the Wilserbag doesn't have them...but I may switch to a Wilserbag next because of price.

For those using the Wilserbag, what are you using to tie and secure the top of the bag when hoisting up with a pulley system?

I have the Brew Bag which has sewn in loops, and I see the Wilserbag doesn't have them...but I may switch to a Wilserbag next because of price.

The pulley package I just bought from wilser included a short 4-6 inch loop of cord. What you do is catch the bag below the drawstring and loop the cord a couple of times around it and then back through itself just above the level of the grain in the bag. Then hook the pulley to the end of the cord and pull it up by that. It works well to sort of "gather" the bag so that the corners of it don't extend past the rim of the kettle and drip wort everywhere.

I believe he describes it in detail in this thread.

I've always hoisted mine with the drawstring. Just tie a knot in it close to the bag to shorten it up, put the hook between the knot and bag and lift.

Back