Beware of the Apfelwein!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spunkmeyer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I just had the chance to sample last evening my inaugural batch of Apfelwein... I've been reading over the past few months about how potent it is, how it sneaks up on you, etc. etc...

Mother of god, it's all real. I am a true believer in the tales!

I know I went to bed last night, but I'll be damned to know how I got there.

I think I'm gonna start on my next batch next week. :rockin:

Did you call EdWort a Mother F***er this morning? Next time follow his advice and take two Excedrin and a large glass of water before bed. :D

I'm happy to report no damage or long term effects... just amazed at how different this stuff schwaps you compared to beer. Well, how it schwaps me, anyway...

Hangover in a keg
0-drunk in 4.2 seconds
Think you can drink? Here you go
Did you get the number of the train that hit me last night?
Yep, calling into work sick today
Time to make some more.....

Gee, thanks Ed

Well, I just had the chance to sample last evening my inaugural batch of Apfelwein... I've been reading over the past few months about how potent it is, how it sneaks up on you, etc. etc...

Mother of god, it's all real. I am a true believer in the tales!

I know I went to bed last night, but I'll be damned to know how I got there.

I think I'm gonna start on my next batch next week. :rockin:

it does the job :drunk: I've noticed an apfelwien drunk makes me silly as hell
it's fun stuff. a pint will get me there - two and I'm a sloppy giggling goober... and I'm a 200pound dude.

just in case you woke up with a hang over, next time I reccomend before cracking a bottle of Apfelwein, put three asprin regular type -(excedrin is loaded with caffine, you may not be able to get back to sleep. save the excedrin for first thing in the AM) and a tall glass of water on the nightstand. THEN go to town - when you wake up at 3am toss those asprin down, and chase it with the WHOLE glass of water. that way you won't be cursing EdWort's name first thing in the morning.

One glass will make you a believer.

Apfelwein tastes so harmless and soo good. Next thing you know, you want another one. But you've forgotten where you put the refrigerator. :drunk: :D

Latest posts

Back