Bev Air old school BM23 / conquering the vinyl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akrawiec

Reaction score
So I scored an old school wood grain r12 running beverage air bm23 on Craigslist. The guy was asking 200 and I got him to sell it for 50 through some verbal jujitsu. Its a little rough but everything works. Now I just need to figure out how to stop off the fugly wood grain vinyl. I would like to paint it black with appliance paint or black vinyl. Any thoughts or suggestions? Also, I'm currently temp testing it with water...I know I know, make sure it doesn't need more repairs before I worry about the aesthetic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Good to know...I'm toying with the idea of just using some kind of vinyl contact paper instead of stripping and painting. Not sure if its worth the trouble depending on how it looks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Trying to cap on top of old vinyl is typically a bad idea. Using the heat gun mentioned, or even a hair dryer (just slower), you should be able to peel it off fairly easily. You can then use some mineral spirits to remove any remaining adhesive. Who knows, the finish you uncover may be just what your after.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back