Better than a fish bowl...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourkeco

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So Im on my second batch with my new 6.5gal glass Carboy and I could watch it for hours while drinking some homebrew.. I may just ferment on the coffey table from now on. It beats any fish tank Ive ever had in the living room:D

I too and watching my first fermentation. I keep walking into the closet every chance I get. It put me to sleep last night with the gurgles and bubbles.

I just did my first batch in a glass carboy too. It's really cool to finally be able to see the wort in action, but I keep a t-shirt over it, so I don't get to watch much without having to lift the shirt in the swamp cooler.

I too and watching my first fermentation. I keep walking into the closet every chance I get.

LOL. I thought I was the only one. I keep finding excuses to go down to the basement so I can watch the carboy bubble away. Hopefully this goes away as I become a vetern.

Fish826 said:
LOL. I thought I was the only one. I keep finding excuses to go down to the basement so I can watch the carboy bubble away. Hopefully this goes away as I become a vetern.

The excitement never goes away lol.

Dude, you're sick. So am I :)
Much better than re-runs of Law and Order.

Have you started sniffing the airlock yet? That's the next stage in the illness. :)

-a.

I want to put a webcam in my ferm chamber.

When I get a smartphone I might just get an app that can link to a webcam so I can keep my eye on it 24/7 wherever I am... like Nanny-Cam

God I'm sick.....

I dont even want to put it in the swamp cooler.... Its like someone put a motor on those little yesties....

4th batch and I could still watch it all day.... (god Im a simple man...):eek:

Everyone sniffs the airlock, not everyone admits it. The same goes for bubble counting.

I just bottled the last batch I had fermenting this morning, I said to SWMBO..."What am I gonna do this week while I have no bubbles to watch?" as I wont be brewing again til next weekend :(
:tank:

You know whats better? Making a really REALLY light beer, and putting FISH in while it ferments. Way better than just watching normal beer fermenting or a fish tank.

It'll be awesome. The CO2 churning can make the upside-down floating fish look like they're still alive, like some sick marionette show :D

You know whats better? Making a really REALLY light beer, and putting FISH in while it ferments. Way better than just watching normal beer fermenting or a fish tank.

You guys are too funny. My fermenter looks like a acid trip right now.... Not that I would know or even remember....:cross:

KsHopHead said:
Sniffing?!........ I've got plans in the works to build a huffing chamber! :)

For the love of healthy yeast, please post this DIY. AG setup be darned, this would be my next build.

Wheeeeee. Mine went active five hours after pitch

image-3518714889.jpg

image-1393683871.jpg

image-2194634973.jpg

image-2442607785.jpg

I too and watching my first fermentation. I keep walking into the closet every chance I get. It put me to sleep last night with the gurgles and bubbles.

I love this line. LOL The song "Love is in the air....." comes to mind.

Back