• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Better bottles $17

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because people "show interest" doesn't mean they'll follow through. I would sell to the first people that sent money. I do show courtesy to people on this forum and have met a few in person as well.

I think you are missing our point. The OP didn't have the product when he originally posted this to the classified section. So he asked who wanted what and we all spoke up. Since he, like me, doesn't have a big private message box and didn't have his paypal set-up we all spoke up to make sure we had dibs. I went so far as to send a PM on Saturday to let the OP know I wanted to pay now! I admit it was my mistake that led to me losing out on 1 of the better bottles, but the point that both Scutmonkey and I are trying to make is that you sought us out to see if we wanted them and we assumed we had the priority. Kind of like what was done for the group barrel buy.

I understand if someone fails to pay after they have been notified that they can now pay, but what happened here what that the OP opened his account and some of those who spoke up first lost out just simply because they were not online at the time the OP posted to say you can now pay.

I think you are missing our point. The OP didn't have the product when he originally posted this to the classified section. So he asked who wanted what and we all spoke up. Since he, like me, doesn't have a big private message box and didn't have his paypal set-up we all spoke up to make sure we had dibs. I went so far as to send a PM on Saturday to let the OP know I wanted to pay now! I admit it was my mistake that led to me losing out on 1 of the better bottles, but the point that both Scutmonkey and I are trying to make is that you sought us out to see if we wanted them and we assumed we had the priority. Kind of like what was done for the group barrel buy.

I understand if someone fails to pay after they have been notified that they can now pay, but what happened here what that the OP opened his account and some of those who spoke up first lost out just simply because they were not online at the time the OP posted to say you can now pay.

I don't know, when I read the OP again it looks to me like he was putting feelers out there, not taking orders.

I don't know, when I read the OP again it looks to me like he was putting feelers out there, not taking orders.

I certainly don't dispute that. And those "feelers" were the people that allowed the OP to purchase the lot and make a little money for himself. Certainly, those "feelers" weren't entitled to anything, but I think the courteous thing to do would have been to give those folks priority on the bottles.

Maybe you missed my sarcasm, IrregularPulse, but I was implying that this place feels more like a community to me than an internet message board or classifieds. That's because of the general friendliness and courtesy of the members. I guess that's why my expectations were, in your opinion, overly high.

Anyway, enough has been said on the subject. I'm not upset that I missed out on the "deal". I've paid about $17 or $18 for each BB I own, so it's not like I missed out on something spectacular. I was just a bit irritated on how it was handled and a bit more irritated that someone felt that I (and others) weren't entitled to that opinion.

Back