• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Better bottles $17

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Karr

Reaction score
I've found a source for about 20 six-gallon non-ported Better Bottles. These are brand new, still in sealed factory cartons, and the guy wants to move them.

I'm thinking of buying them all and offering them up here. Eaches would be $17 plus actual shipping, 3 or more $16 each plus actual shipping, 6 or more $15 each plus actual shipping.

Let me know if there's any interest, and I'll make it happen!

I definitely need 2 or 3. i am zip code 06095, but i have my own UPS account with a nice discount so i can arrange the shipping.

Wow........great response. I forgot to take measurements of the boxes (I'm at work on the computer) so I can't calculate shipping today. If everyone gets what they've asked for, the 20 will already be gone. Let me do some checking with USPS and UPS, and I'll respond on Monday!

if it makes a difference in shipping cost, send mine with claphamsa's. we're local.

ETA: actually, to capitalize on the bulk discount, can we combine me and claphamsa's order? cool with you claphamsa?

Seems like I'm a bit late, but I'd love to get one if possible shipped to 28110 (NC).

Edit: I just picked up a couple of glass carboys, so mine can go to someone else. I trust you won't have any issues finding another buyer. :)

It's been crazy here today.......major lake effect snowstorm with school closings and impassable roads.

I made it to the Post Office today to ask. The most affordable rate would be Parcel Post, and the nice lady said 7-10 day delivery. I'm going to their website to search by zipcode and post all the rates. (Probably less than ten bucks).

Tomorrow, I'll do the same with our UPS program, and post UPS rates.

ZIP Code Parcel Post charge
37075 7.05
20872 7.05
06095 8.18
20912 7.05
83706 9.27
59647 8.85
93461 9.92
52317 6.20
73162 8.18
87110 8.85
28110 7.05

My PM box will be full, since I haven't yet renewed my Premium supporter account. I'm not set up to do PayPal yet, either. (Boy, convenient, eh?)

Let me know how you'd like to proceed, guys and gals. Thanks for the response!

I'm in for at least two to 24502, but without paypal there is no real safe way to handle the transaction.

I'm pretty pumped. Definitely interested.

I don't really know of any other good way to pay over the internet other than paypal? It's not that hard to set up, right?

if you can set up paypal, i'm def. in. is shipping going to be any cheaper since you're shipping 14 to claphamsa?

Shipping rates quoted were per box of one bottle. Shipping of quantities would be the same as each times number of boxes, since they're all individually boxed.

I'm going to try to get PayPal set up by the weekend. (Sorry for the delay, but this major blizzard/ snowstorm/two feet of accumulation has kept me really busy with simple stupid things, like getting kids to school and making sure SWMBO and I could make it to work. Please accept my apologies.

Based on the response, I most likely will be buying and taking delivery of the 20 bottles on Monday.

no apologies necessary dude. we had a few feet here a few weeks ago and life happens. let me know when paypal is set up and i'll shoot the cash to you.

Shipping rates quoted were per box of one bottle. Shipping of quantities would be the same as each times number of boxes, since they're all individually boxed.

I'm going to try to get PayPal set up by the weekend. (Sorry for the delay, but this major blizzard/ snowstorm/two feet of accumulation has kept me really busy with simple stupid things, like getting kids to school and making sure SWMBO and I could make it to work. Please accept my apologies.

Based on the response, I most likely will be buying and taking delivery of the 20 bottles on Monday.

Just curious here on the tallies. Whom all is getting bottles, and how many?

*just checking to see if I really made the deadline or not*

yeah, on that note while i would like 12..... that seems like a dick move. since so many people want them I can gladly take less to accommodate :)

Back