Better Bottle number of uses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFryauff

Reaction score
Can someone explain why a LHBS (which I don't frequent often) told me that Better Bottles are only good for about 8 uses, then they have to be tossed?
Just went in looking for a #10 stopper, which they don't carry, because they only sell glass carboys.
I did a quick search, but did not see anything regarding BB's having a limited use schedule...maybe he is just trying to push more product ;)
I politely smiled, and left...oh well.

haha some people use yeast for more fermentations than that.

a lot of people are stuck on old ideas about brewing (aluminum, secondaries, etc) and it sounds like that guy still thinks that plastic is unusable for brewing.

Cause they are idiots who are full of ****, don't know what the hell they're talking about AND really are trying to get you to buy a more expensive GLASS carboy, by spouting all sorts of ignorant, idiotic nonsense, in fact they probably also ran some BS about oxygen permeability on you as well....

**** Em

I kind of figured these are the answers I'd get :D
The BS meter seemed to pin out as soon as the words left his mouth...I wonder if he actually believes what he says.
No mention of O2 permiablility, but he definelty turned up his nose at BB's.
I can't imagine the coronary he would have had if I had told him also brew all my beers in aluminium!
It's a shame, cause their 15min closer than my regular LHBS, but I don't think I'll be back.

8 uses for a BB, that's like $4 per use...wtf buddy :confused::mad:

I think you should have told him that his glass carboy might last for zero batches if it breaks:mug:

I think these boys at that LHBS have been smokin' some funny stuff in the back room! Or they are tryin' to blow smoke up your arse! What a bunch of horse manure!

glenn514:mug:

Back