Better Bottle Handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bytemyfoot

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have yet to do my first brew, but I've been getting my equipment ready. As recommended on here, I marked off gallon increments on my 2 better bottles (a 5 gal & a 6 gal). After trying to move one of them full, I figured I'd look into handles to make them easier to deal with.

The better bottle handle (Better Bottle Handle :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies) is only for use when empty.

The other carboy handles I've seen (this type: Standard Carboy Handle - 3/5/6 gallon glass carboys - Carboy Accessories - Fermenting Equipment - Equipment) only mention use with glass carboys.

Would that style work with a better bottle, or is there a better method?

I use the latter type and they work very well. I tend to carry my full better bottles with one hand underneath but the handles I find are much easier to hold on to (especially when wet) than the neck of the better bottle.

I have both types, and the first one that you list (the blue handle) is my least favorite. The handle will slide off of the neck of the better bottle. The only time I've dropped a carboy (plastic or glass) was when I was using that type of handle.

The orange handles are very sturdy, the only disadvantage is that you have to buy one for each carboy. Thanks.

Damn blue handle, also the only time I ever dropped a carboy. Made a mess because it shot a geyser out of the top but at least the majority of the beer survived. For use when empty. Who the f&*# needs a handle on an empty better bottle.

Back