Best Yeast for a Fruit/Spice/Vegetable Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckus95

Reaction score
I'm brewing a 10 gallon batch of Blonde Ale this weekend. Half of the batch I am going to ferment with US-05 or 1272 (haven't decided which yet). With the other 5 gallons, I am going to ferment separately and then after primary split it into two 2.5 batches: one will have apricot and habanero in secondary and the other will have blueberry and thyme. I'm inclined just to use US-05 or 1272 in the second five gallons given that they are fairly neutral and will let the fruit/spice/vegetable shine.

Does anyone have any other suggestions. This is the first time that I've done a fruit/spice/vegetable with such a light base and would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks.

I was really happy with WLP001 in a berry wheat beer. The yeast got out of the way and let the fruit come through very prominently (a little too much so in my opinion, but my wife absolutely loves it).

Back