Best Value Commercial Brews...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I'm feeling cheap and don't want to pay for the Capital, Sprecher or other 'good beer' at Miller Park I buy 6 packs of the plastic bottles of Miller and sneak them into the Brewers games, since their identical to whats sold there.

Comparing my $1 bottle to the $6.50 ones being sold makes it a great value. Yes, even though it is BMC swill.

Very, very hard to find but,

Leffe Blonde Abbey Ale - $8.50 a sixer.

Greatest beer ever made. IMO

DSCN2311.JPG

jlinner said:
Very, very hard to find but,

Leffe Blonde Abbey Ale - $8.50 a sixer.

Greatest beer ever made. IMO

They have a Belgian beer pack at Sam's club that's pretty cheap. It has Stella, Leffe and Hoegaarden. I'm not much of a Stella fan, but visitors seem to always drink it.

Leffe is easier to find than most Belgians, truth be told. IIRC, it's one of those beers, like Hoegaarden or Guinness, that got bought out by some international cartel and now enjoys more widespread distribution. You wanna talk "very very hard to find", ask me about Westy-St. Sixtus or Fantome. Har har.

I've had Leffe exactly once. Tasted like a well-made but not terribly exciting belgian blonde ale. But, hey, drink what you like!

RDWJ: Stella is...dumb beer, to put it mildly. It's an unexciting lager. It's popular because it drinks like BMC, but it makes the drinker feel more "exotic" because they're drinking something from Belgium. So they can be "worldly" without actually leaving the comfort of their little BMC world.

Can you tell that I'm fed up with seeing people guzzling Stella with a look of smug self-satisfaction on their face?
gy.gif

Back