Best Small Batch Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on the tilt. Seems to be a good option. I primarily want more accurate temps and the ability to track the end of fermentation so I know more precisely when to keg/bottle it, rather than taking multiple samples.
I have one that I'm not using that I'd be willing to sell. I've only used it maybe 3 times.

My Brewbuckets have the cooling coil, thermowell, and controllers so I have some degree of control over temperature especially during summer. Overall the probes sync pretty well with my Tilt devices. No regrets here for the investment. View attachment 810003
I just wanted to comment that this is a really nice setup and very organized to boot. Thanks for sharing!

I make mostly 1 gallon batches. I use a glass Little Big Mouth Bubbler as my primary since it is 1.4 gallons, it provides room for the krausen. Generally I will fill this slightly over 1 gallon, maybe 1.1 or 1.2 because when transferring to secondary you will always lose some. Then I transfer to a glass 1 gallon Carlo Rossi wine jug for secondary. I usually get 9 or 10 bottles out of each batch.

I've used this system for about a dozen batches now, works great.

Speidel fermenter!
I’ve been looking at the Speidel 12L/3.2gal fermenter. Looks to be of better quality than the 3gal Fermonster to me. Worth it? Any of the accessories worth getting, or just best to keep it plain and simple?

I’ve been looking at the Speidel 12L/3.2gal fermenter. Looks to be of better quality than the 3gal Fermonster to me. Worth it? Any of the accessories worth getting, or just best to keep it plain and simple?
I have a Speidel 20l fermenter. Best fermenter I've had so far. Using it since years.

Latest posts

Back