Best place to order hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxchainman

Reaction score
I been shopping online to buy 7-9 pounds of hops for my 2017 brewing needs. Buying in bulk to save money. Also stock up know before anything is out of stock. Citra, Centennial, Mosiac, Azacca, Simcoe, Amarrilo, Motueka, Rakau, Warrior, CTZ. Best online shop? Yamakia Valley Hops? Hops Direct?

I have bought from More Beer and Northerrn Brewer in the past. More Beer packaging is better then Nothern Brewer. Northern Brewer is cheaper on price sometimes.

What's your preference? I am most interested in quality over price but would b happy to find both at the same place. I like how Yamakia Valley hops, Nikkibree and Hops direct mention the crop year? I would like to order 2016 hops and store in my freezer for upto one year.

What I do is wait for Yakima Valley to have stuff go on sale. Bought a bunch of hops for $5/pound over the years. They're old hops but I find that doesn't matter too much if they're kept well (and Yakima keeps them well) and quantity has a quality of its own.

I buy mine from hops direct. They run a huge sale on Black Friday usually a free pound of something. I buy with 3 friends to cut shipping costs even more.

I only buy hops from farmhouse brewing supply and yakima valley. Doesn't mean those are the only good places but I can't beat the quality/quantity to price anywhere else. Those $5/lb deals at yakima valley are fantastic, and the 4 oz packs at farmhouse is perfect for trying new hops or for when I brew a new style and don't want bulk pricing but not be left with too much on hand.

What can I say....I'm a whore. I've bought from all of the above. Label Peelers is another site that has good deals. Sign up for everyone's email listing (using an email you won't be annoyed with getting spam) and wait for the sales to come.

Been buying from yakima valley as well. Label peelers isn't bad as long as you don't do the new crop presale.

Back