Canada/Quebec hop source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire3

Reaction score
Hello
im wondering where do you source your hops if you are in quebec? I use to buy them at local shops in the montreal region, one did close lately, but anyway most of the stuff is often either very old and/or undated and/or badly stored.

I Turned myself to online ordering, ordered from Tavistock who produce themselves. I was really satisfied quality vs price. Ordered from OBK who have really fresh stuff but not a big selection of hops by the pound. Recently discovered Northwest hops who have a great selection and really cheap price, but i doubt the exactitude of the variety.

Im searching for a place with hops in the 1/2 pound or 1 pound size bag. Thank for the help!

Other than OBK, I don't know who to recommend that offers product in the original packaging. I used Northwest once, and I wasn't impressed with the service (or lack thereof), and I question if I actually received what I ordered. Will not use that company again. I have four pounds of hops that all seem to have the same coarse bittering and no hop character to speak of. Probably heading for the garage unfortunately.

You might want to try Prairie Brew Supply out of Saskatchewan. They do repackage, but the owner is very helpful and from what I can recall the product is fresh. In fact, I think I'm going to place an order with him again soon.

Last edited:
Back