Best place to buy Kegging Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boda713

Reaction score
Hey all, I am new to home brewing and to this site. I have been looking at building a keezer and done some looking on this site to find the best place to buy a kit. Does anyone know anything about learntobrew.com? I have been comparing the 3 keg setup on kegconnection.com and learntobrew.com. It seems lots of people use kegconnection but it appears to be a little better deal on learntobrew. I don't know lots of the parts so I can't really tell if there is a difference in quality. I am looking at the upgrades to perlicks and I also need the kegs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below are the kits I have looked at.

http://www.learntobrew.com/store/it..._Homebrew_Kegerator_3_Product_3_Pressure.html

http://www.learntobrew.com/store/it...unt_Homebrew_Kegerator_Premium_Regulator.html

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=708

Looks like that first learntobrew link is the best deal mostly because of the 3 head regulator. They can get pretty expensive by themselves and it looks like they are knocking off the cost a lot by including it in the kit. Personally I would splurge and get that. Bc eventually you might want to get a 3 head regulator. Also check kegerators.com but I like that first link. Just one guys opinion

Oh and also, as long as you've got the tools (hole saw to cut the holes for the shanks) other than the freezer and optional collar, and thermostat controller, that kit has everything youll need. Keg tubing is extremely tight but couldn't hurt to get hose clamps at your hardware store. Also keg lube (or any food grade lube) really helps when sealing your pressurized keg

i got my system from kegconnection and got 3 kegs from bvrgelements (113 shipped). they where the cut handle ones and just arrived today and still very nice.:D

Just note the difference between:

1. Generic chrome faucets (ok) vs chrome perlick 525 (better) vs stainless perlick 525SS (best).
2. Chrome shanks vs S/S shanks.
3. Length of shanks.
4. Economy regulator vs Taprite reg (good brand name).
5. Modular CO2 Manifold vs single piece CO2 manifold.
6. 3 head taprite reg vs 1 head taprite reg.
7. Hose Clamp disconnects vs MFL threaded disconnects

Just note the difference between:

1. Generic chrome faucets (ok) vs chrome perlick 525 (better) vs stainless perlick 525SS (best).
2. Chrome shanks vs S/S shanks.
3. Length of shanks.
4. Economy regulator vs Taprite reg (good brand name).
5. Modular CO2 Manifold vs single piece CO2 manifold.
6. 3 head taprite reg vs 1 head taprite reg.
7. Hose Clamp disconnects vs MFL threaded disconnects

Thanks for the input everyone. After looking at these items it looks like kegconnection uses better quality parts.

Back