Best place to buy Honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nichols

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion on the best place to buy bulk honey? I'm most likely looking for clover honey to make a 5 gallon batch of mead.

Find a local apiary. Google apiary and your location. Raw - unfiltered, unheated - honey is a treat, beeswax and all. Expect to pay ~$30 for a gallon (12#)

Costco has bulk amounts of clover honey for cheap in WA, maybe by you too or a Sam's Club if you don't have the Costco in your area

Thank you all for the info. I have a Northern Brewer within 25 miles so I think that is the route I'm going to take. Not sure why I didn't think of checking with them. Thanks Soperbrew.

Farmer's markets.

+2
i bought 5lbs for $15 from a local apiary which is easily the cheapest fresh honey i've ever bought. i recently saw 6lbs for $16 at the local flea market, but i trust the local Apiary over the mexican flea market honey.

i also bought bee pollen which i've been taking everyday. supposedly there are a huge amount of benefits from it although modern science can't exactly prove those benefits: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollen

I wish I had an Apiary closer because I'm sure its the best quality available. I did a google maps search around Milwaukee and the closest one is a ways away. But for $9.99 for 3lbs from Northern Brewer I won't complain to much. The only problem is every time I walk into that store I come out broke...lol

Shows $37.99 for 12 pounds - Bees don't work for $1.49 a pound.

Whoops you're right, my bad. I guess the 9.99 was for 3#.

However, when I looked at my Cart here's what it said.

NB_honey.jpg

Shame on you, getting me that excited for cheap honey.

Echoing the farmer's market advice. Cheapest honey I've ever seen. $20-25 for 12 pounds of wildflower.

I always buy mine at the local farmers market or the Co-op. Farmers market is nice because those people put as much love and effort into their honey as we do our beer.

Latest posts

Back