Best Online Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villa

Reaction score
Hi, unfortunately there’s only one homebrew supply store on my area and they don’t have much products available. I have seen lost of pages with basically same prices and offers. Before I start placing orders will like to verify which one you consider the best spot or had good sales experience (cost, quality and shipping). I was about to place an order on brewmasterswarehouse.com, let me know your thoughts. Thks.

I've used Midwest supplies and Northern Brewer. Both are great, I have to give Northern Brewer the edge with a 7.50 flat rate shipping

brewmasterswarehouse is great. As they all are, generally! no one can "verify" the best for you :)

I suggest you try all of the major outfits (nb, ahs, bmw, mws) & see which YOU like based upon your brewing orders, shipping location, response time, sales, etc.

Austin Home Brew Supply - best so far for me
midwest charges a lot for shipping - but includes yeast in purchase of kits.

I have bought from Brew Masters Warehouse and Austin Home Brew. Both are excellent. I use Brewmasters 100% mainly because they are closer to me and they are slightly cheaper for the recipes that I buy. You can't go wrong with any of the places mentioned.

Long time NorthernBrewer fan. Just started using Austin's and I really like them. I like how how the grains are already packaged in the muslin bags ready to go. Midwest has great kits as well....but as already mentioned the shipping is bit high. For the people who have used Brew Masters....do the recipes kits come with instructions? Always wondered.

Northern brewer, austin homebrew, midwest supplies, and brewmasters warehouse are all GREAT!

Do what makes sense for you, and keep in mind their location. I'm on the east coast, so I default to brewmasters warehouse as ground shipping will take less time and my yeast will be happier.

That being said I order from the others when I find a better deal there, such as a special or need a certain ingredient.

Long time NorthernBrewer fan. Just started using Austin's and I really like them. I like how how the grains are already packaged in the muslin bags ready to go. Midwest has great kits as well....but as already mentioned the shipping is bit high. For the people who have used Brew Masters....do the recipes kits come with instructions? Always wondered.

I honestly can't remember if the printout BMW sends you has the instructions on not. I have been ordering the recipes manually without the yeast since I wash and reuse my yeast.

However, if you go to their site and look at any recipe, the itemized ingredient list will tell you the hop schedule and there are recipe notes near the bottom.

Digging out this thread from the grave.

I've had excellent customer service from Williams Brewing. I've called several times to ask fairly technical questions and the response has always been very helpful and friendly. It's obvious that the people who answer their phones are home brewers and very knowledgeable.

I live in Portland and go to two LHBS regularly and I'm very happy with both of them. But there are times when I need to order more obscure things or my work/family schedule doesn't allow me to shop there.

ps- I've also had great experiences with Austin Homebrew.

Whichever one is running a 15-20% sale any given day!

Northern Brewer just had a large labor day sale.

MoreBeer is great.

Kegconnection seems to have trouble staying in stock, but they have a cool podcast "Homebrew Happy Hour" so I am a bit sentimental for them.

Bell's Brewing ships out of Michigan and is great. Homebrew roots and brew awesome commercial beers.

Midwest Supplies is decent as well.

I usually follow the sales, and if it is close I will pick favorites like Bell's or Kegco. Northern Brewer is most reliable and has best variety.

My LHBS is closing so sadly this is my new reality.

I have had good service from morebeer, adventures in homebrewing, northern brewer, and Williams. I ussually go with who has the best sale at the time. I also always check ritebrew. Depending on your order, they are often a little cheaper even without free shipping (and good service). Ritebrew also has a nice online tool I like to allow you to order lots of different grains from one screen at one time.

Several people mention Brew Maasters Warehouse, but it looks like it is closed? Can anyone confirm/ post a link?

Thanks!

At this moment in time I think it is critical to be patient with the online brew supply stores. They have some of the same staffing issues that bars, restaurants and fast food places have. Plus - they may be in a wildfire area. My last more beer order took a few weeks to process versus a normal few days. Luckily there was nothing I needed for a brew day right around the corner.

I’ve needed technical questions answered twice in the last year or so;
Once for pressure fermentation- specifically sounding valves.
The other was a few questions about eva barrier lines and duotight fittings.

Both times Williams Brewing knew the answers immediately and pointed me in the right direction with suggestions.

It makes a huge difference talking to someone w lots of brewing experience.

For that reason, I’ll stick with them and a few others even if I just need basic stuff.

Back