Best keg kit to get started

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfraier

Reaction score
I want to ask Santa for a keg system for my homebrew. I'm looking for a 2 keg deal to start and I will buy a few extra kegs along the way. What are the best kits to get going? I have a fridge already I can convert.

I don't know that there is a particular system better than another. It's all the same stuff, generally at the same price. The CO2 tank is what is going to drive the price. You can get used corny kegs for $30. The one thing I will say is, don't buy a tap tower at a homebrew store. You can get them for like at least $40 less from eBay stores... They're the same thing, just way cheaper.

Many vendors here offer great starter kits. Each is labeled a little bit differently. I'd recommend calling each vendor on their comparable kits to find which is the best bang for your buck and to be sure you're comparing equal components. Go for whomever makes you the most comfortable in case you need to come back to them for help, etc. There are a bazillion opinions on which vendors to use, so I won't touch that one....

Back