Best Breweries in Greenville SC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbas

Reaction score
Going to be heading here at the end of the week. Wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations for breweries to stop at.

I'm also going to be stopping in Ashville for a couple days. Other than Wicked Weed have you been to other breweries in that area?

Went to both breweries. Thomas Creek had solid beer. I brought a lot back with me. I went to Upstate, but they were having some clear out sale so were a little limited on what they had, but prices were great at $3 $2 OR $1. I wish they had more of their own beer on tap because the 2 they had were fantastic.

If you ever have a chance to make it up to north a little you have to check out Sierra Nevada's brewery. Its about an hour away in Fletcher, NC. The facility is like nothing I've ever seen.

Glad you got to try those!
Did you make the moonshine tasting?
Funny you mention SN, I stopped at a grocery store called Lowes because they make their own beer and have a bar in it. You can buy a glass to drink while you shop if you want also. ( wife called the bar area a husband daycare! Lol) pricey place but fun.
The bartender was telling me about that brewery and said the same as you! I will be checking that out!

Glad you got to try those!
Did you make the moonshine tasting?
Funny you mention SN, I stopped at a grocery store called Lowes because they make their own beer and have a bar in it. You can buy a glass to drink while you shop if you want also. ( wife called the bar area a husband daycare! Lol) pricey place but fun.
The bartender was telling me about that brewery and said the same as you! I will be checking that out!

I've been to Lowes. My fiancee has family in NC. That place is great!
You have to go. I'm not a giant SN fan, but it the facility was just incredible and they served some very solid beers you can't find on the shelves. I would recommend booking a tour. We didn't get to because we just spontaneously went, but you have to book the tour in advance https://sierranevada.com/take-a-tour#id=brewery-tour-mills-river-nc-mills-river (spots for desirable dates/times go fast). People will say Wicked Weed is touristy because they sold out, but they still produce exceptional beers in my opinion. Not much has changes since I had last been. If your into barrel aged sours and interesting beers brewed with brett I would check out the Wicked Weed's Funkatorium in Asheville. It's in a different location than Wicked Weed's Brew Pub and there is a cool little brewery right across called Twin Leaf that makes some decent beer as well.

Thanks for the heads up!
Do you come out this way often? We could meet for a cold brew at one of those places!

* good excuse to drink a good beer!

Thanks for the heads up!
Do you come out this way often? We could meet for a cold brew at one of those places!

* good excuse to drink a good beer!

I don't unfortunately. I went to Greenville for my fiancee's friend's wedding and we decided to extend the trip and spend a couple nights in Asheville. I'd been to Asheville once before, but only for a day. We do love Asheville though and intend on planning another trip up there at some point. I'll be sure to let you know. If you make it down to Tampa I'd be meet up too

Back