best bottles ever (for the active person)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWeeb

Reaction score
I really have to throw in a pitch for these awesome PET Perrier bottles. I have used these twice before, soon to be three times, on beers that are consumed fairly quickly (IPA and Hefe to date). Here is why:

Lightweight: Feather light, perfect for packing on a hike, to the park, over to the neighbor's house for a BBQ.

Un Freaking Breakable: Yea, they can get bounced around, even thrown like the pigskin or dropped off a cliff, and like bumbles, they bounce.

No Capping: Not in the traditional sense, the screw tops make bottling a breeze! I have not had one leak yet, and with the hefe, cranked up the carbonation to 3.5 volumes (true to style).

Size: One-half liter, which matches the volume of the Weizen glasses in my collection, for a perfect pour!

Bottle Bombs: Well, if one were to happen, no sharp glass to clean up or get injured upon.

Ridges: The folds in the bottle at the bottom collect the nastiness.

Labels: Shrink Fit pull off easy, leaving a sleek, green bottle in the shape of a bomb. No paper, no glue, no mess.

Cleaning: They held WATER! Nothing to clean out.

Taste: They held WATER! With all of the problems that Perrier had a decade ago, you know they would only bottle in completely safe, non-leaching inert containers, as any plastic taste would immediately be noticed in WATER.

Chill: The plastic chills really quickly, and if you throw a few in the freezer and forget about them, they do not burst like glass.

Cheap: If you like sparkling water, a case of 24 goes for around $15 at CostCo.

Believe me, I am a traditionalist, and use these only on half the batch, as there is a much more satisfying pour and nicer presentation from glass. That said, give them a try for all of the advantages listed above!

perrierbottles.jpg

oooh this sounds like what i'm looking for... they make them in 33.8 ounce bottles too right? have you ever tried carbing in those?

Back