best beers to cellar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodylobster

Reaction score
I have some money to burn and am looking to buy some beer's that are out now that are going to age well any idea's?

thanks in advance

If you have a favorite brewery, they usually say which beers cellar well on their website. It's generally the higher ABV beers, like 10%+.

Since you're in MO you could probably pick up some of the Boulevard Smokestack limited release/barrel aged beers. IIRC those have a "best by" date of a couple years on them and they recommend extended cellaring.

I'm trying to build up a collection of Barleywine & Imperial Stouts myself. I think Belgians age well also. Bocks also seem to do well with time.

well I was able to pick up some stuff today I got 2 bottles of each founders kbs,alesmith Decadence,dogfish head bithes brew,and I don't know how they still had some but 2 sixers of some bigfoot ale

well I was able to pick up some stuff today I got 2 bottles of each founders kbs,alesmith Decadence,dogfish head bithes brew,and I don't know how they still had some but 2 sixers of some bigfoot ale

Nice!!:mug: Bigfoot is excellent with some age to it. It's excellent fresh too.

Back