Best Beer Kit Suppliers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan42

Reaction score
I am looking at doing my next beer. I have been sticking to recipes for the last few brews as I chase the goal of making a GREAT beer. Not just something thats drinkable and/or okay.

I tried NB for my last kit and I waited 6+ months before I actually brewed it, and when I finally did brew it I rushed it. (It was my first AG brew).

So I am looking to see what the good suppliers are out there. Suppliers with a good crush, good fresh hops, and yeast. This will be my fourth AG brew. The last two I got the recipes from online and got the ingredients from the LHBS, and not all the recipes were exact but damn close to it.

Please share your experiences with all the good, bad, and the ugly suppliers that are out there, and I am looking for AG related recipes.

I have brewed great kits from Northern Brewer, Austin Homebrew and Morebeer. My favorite kits have been Morebeer's but all were good. The honey ale kit (extract) was off the chain good as was the California Common kit (AG). I found that Morebeer's grind could have been finer and I had a bit lower efficiency but still awesome. I haven't tried AG kits from any other brewstore but Morebeer. I currently shop mostly at my LHBS.

Be careful to read all the ingredients for AG kits as some don't come with yeast, priming sugar, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

-I like Northern Brewer. Always ships in a timely fashion and customer service responds quickly.
-I've heard Austin Homebrew Supply has gone downhill recently, but can't speak directly to that.
- I hate Midwest Supplies. They took more than 3 weeks to ship my first order and didn't respond to inquires. I'll never order anything from them again.

I have to put in a good word for Midwest. I've always had excellent service from them, and they have excellent easy to follow directions, which helped me big time when I was learning the ropes. Nice variety of kits, too.

Just ordered my first all grain ingredients from NB for a clone of Lagunitas' A Lil Sumpin Sumpin'. Tracked it to Indianapolis via the magic of the interweb! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back