Best Beer for the Money?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where did u find the victory at? when i was at beer world (day after christmas)they didn't have the sampler and i think it was more than 23 if they did have it. but they did have 2 hearted.

I found it at a beer distributer right by my work and the owner said it was a great deal because he was clearing out the inventory. I can't imagine I'll find it for that cost again.

I did well too (at our ca$h game) and brought home an extra $199 so maybe the wife won't shoot me for all the kegging stuff I've been buying! ;)

:off:
Cash game is the only way to play poker

The other bonus with the Victory was that it came in 6 packs which gave me the holders which I like.

Pennsylvania sucks - Microbrewery 6 packs are no less than $9.50 and can only be bought at a handful of places in any given town. I live 5 minutes from Victory Brewery - Golden Monkey is $14 at the local 6 pack shop. :(

Pennsylvania sucks - Microbrewery 6 packs are no less than $9.50 and can only be bought at a handful of places in any given town. I live 5 minutes from Victory Brewery - Golden Monkey is $14 at the local 6 pack shop. :(

...and you have access to more brands of beer that the majority of these other guys wish they could find half of. If you're in the phila metro, singles can be had at several choice locations. Sure, case sale restrictions at beer distributors blows and if you're not willing to drive more than a couple minutes from your house, places with killer singles/6packs are inconvenient, but srsly.

We could have it better but we have it pretty damn good at the same time.

Or you could always do what it seems half the population of Philadelphia does-
Hop the bridge to NJ. It's funny, There is a store called Roger Wilco on both sides of RT 73, which connects to one of the bridges. All pennsy plates all the time. On the pennsy side of the bridge, its all lottery/tobacco stores, because in pa tobacco is not as highly taxed as in NJ. I hop the bridge to pennsy and save a ton. Yes, it's Illegal. I was at a one stop in morrisville pa, and in the lot was 1 pa car-probably the guy that worked there, and 6 NJ cars.

If you can get boulevard beers, do. I can pick up a case of their stuff at costco on the cheap and it's all good.

Sam adams is always a good buy as well.

I know this thread is over but just wanted to add that Boulevard bottles are NOT pop top. (but they are darn good :mug:)

All I really know is PA and it does suck that there is no beer in the stores but the distributor 5 mins away from my house is open on Sundays now and so is the liquer store across the street.

So for now it ok for me as long as I never move.

Well I'll usually spring for a combo of Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada pale ale. I can get a case of Sierra Nevada for $15 and the same for Sam Adams. Between the two you can get a few people drunk. Plus if you have some home brew sittin around why not get them to try to drink some.

I guess it's been a long while since I've purchased any Amber Bock - they've always been twist-offs down here.

If you are in PA any Stegmaier brewery beer is cheap. Lionshead is around 16 for a case of 24 bottles the last time I was down there last year at the distributor. A "deluxe pilsner," with the price of glass I don't know how they make a profit. Yuengling is cheap down there too.

you can get straub pounders for around 20 bucks a case with the dollar fifty deposit on the bottles its a light beer thats pretty tasty.

Well I'll usually spring for a combo of Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada pale ale. I can get a case of Sierra Nevada for $15 and the same for Sam Adams. Between the two you can get a few people drunk. Plus if you have some home brew sittin around why not get them to try to drink some.

You can get a 24 bottle case of SN for $15? Were you wearing a mask and holding a gun at the time?

I got a great deal on a case of Red Hook for $19 at Sam's recently. Great beer, good bottles, labels come off well....and they don't think they need to plaster three of them on each bottle.

Latest posts

Back