Best beer bar or brewpub in Sacramento

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humann_brewing

More Humann than human
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What is the best option for good happy hour deals and good food for beer bars or brewpubs in the Sacramento area or east toward Rancho Cordova?

Not from the area but headed there and looking for a good selection.

so far I have found

Ten22
burgers and brew
fox and goose public house
petes
the shack
rubicon
pyramid
hoppy brewing
river city

Any of these stand out?

This isn't a brewpub, but if you're looking for some great Belgian beers on tap Pangaea Cafe has a very nice selection. pangaeatwobrews.com They have more than Belgians. I went there a couple weeks ago and got a Port Brewing High Tide fresh hop IPA on tap and it was really good. I also had a DFH Punkin on tap.

This isn't a brewpub, but if you're looking for some great Belgian beers on tap Pangaea Cafe has a very nice selection. pangaeatwobrews.com They have more than Belgians. I went there a couple weeks ago and got a Port Brewing High Tide fresh hop IPA on tap and it was really good. I also had a DFH Punkin on tap.

I did check out their website and sounds like their running a belgians for beginners or something right now. I'm not a belgian fan though :( I love the IPAs though :)

I am leaning toward hoppy brewing right now. They said they had a IIPA on tap right now.

Folsom is not to far from Rancho, which is not too far from Sac... In Folsom check out Samuel Horne's Tavern in downtown Folsom - it's not fancy, but functional. They carry about a dozen California Micro brews on tap, which change all the time, and about 50 bottle beers. Food is simple pub grub. Try the chili.
Also, Mandares (their motto is' no crap on tap') is about a mile away and they carry about a dozen American and Belgian Micro brews on tap and about 125 bottle beers with a very tasty selection of foods. Their hot wings appetizer is smoking hot! You've been warned..ask for the mild if you want to live. Both of these places know their beers and will gladly let you sample the wares. Most of the regulars are beer aficionados...

well I ended up at Hoppy brewing, they had a IIPA on tap that was surprisingly fantastic and had 3. I got a sample of their "flagship" amber and was mediocre at best.

Should have gone to the Rubicon! Samuel Horne's and Manderas are outstanding watering holes as well.

All three establishments have great food and fantastic beer! Rubicon has one of the best IPA's (Monkey Knife Fight) I've ever had!! :D

Definitely hit Rubicon the next time you're here.

Sadly, my old favorite close down last year (Sac Brewing Co.). Granted, I'm biased because I bartended at their Oasis location back in the early 00's. But I loved their Scotch, Amber, and River Otter.

Definitely hit Rubicon the next time you're here.

Sadly, my old favorite close down last year (Sac Brewing Co.). Granted, I'm biased because I bartended at their Oasis location back in the early 00's. But I loved their Scotch, Amber, and River Otter.

I have been to the Sac Brewing when it was still around, awesome place to have food and beer, good stuff too.

I will hit rubicon next chance I get too.

You chose Hoppy over Rubicon eh? Im sorry. Thats one place I will never return to (and I dont say that often) worst series of beers I have ever had .
Rubicon is top notch stuff. Brew it up is also a cool place too with a homebrewing facility (smells great). Pyramid is ok, good location at least. River City is in the mall I think, beer is good.

You chose Hoppy over Rubicon eh? Im sorry. Thats one place I will never return to (and I dont say that often) worst series of beers I have ever had .
Rubicon is top notch stuff. Brew it up is also a cool place too with a homebrewing facility (smells great). Pyramid is ok, good location at least. River City is in the mall I think, beer is good.

I would agree with you and wouldn't have gone if I didn't call ahead and learn they had a IIPA on tap. The other reason was it was the closest to where we were staying, it was traffic hour and I had a bunch of hungry people in the car that could care less what place had better beer.

Next time you are in Sac, definitely go to Pangaea. Rob has other beers on tap besides Belgians.

brew it up is definitely a great place. wide selection on tap. their "brew your own" systems seems awesome until I heard the price - $150 minimum for 10 gallons? lot of cash, even considering materials (grain, hops, bottles)

Back